Who Are We? Q&A
First, the meat & potatoes:
- What do we hope people take away from our blog?
- We hope people take away inspiration to see and experience as much as they can and live their lives fully as defined by them. Not every vacation needs to be far flung, expensive, or action-packed. If you don’t feel well or want to take a nap every afternoon or whatever – we hope people take away the confidence to not feel guilty about what they feel like doing. The world is too big and fascinating to see and do everything. The point is to get out in it.
- Are we expert travelers and professional photographers?
- Nope. We’re just 2 people that have a dream to see the world together and want to take you along on our journey (you may notice, we haven’t gone very far yet). The more we travel, the braver we get, and we hope you grow with us!
- What are our names? And who's doing what?
- I'm Joanna and he's Justin. Usually, you will be "hearing" my voice and seeing our experiences through Justin's lens.
Second, the gravy:
- Why are a lot of our stories in Florida (and Missouri and Indiana)?
- We hail from Missouri (Justin) and Indiana (Joanna), so we travel there frequently to see family. We chose Florida as the place we wanted to live and are currently based outside of Orlando.
- What are our favorite things about traveling?
- Justin: Doing all the fun stuff!
- Joanna: The stories! And the sense of accomplishment when we make it home safely again (or is it relief?)
- Where or what experience have been our favorites to date (as of May 1, 2016)?
- Justin: Snorkeling in Turks & Caicos (in the safety zone – we’re not that brave, after all).
- Joanna: Watching the planes come in to the Princess Juliana International Airport over Maho beach, St. Maarten. Wasn’t 100% what I imagined it to be, but it was a bucket list experience that I almost missed by losing my sea legs right before the bus was about to take us there.
- What have been the worst?
- Justin: The first time I got sea sick on a cruise during a bingo game.
- Joanna: Pretty much every time I don’t feel well on a trip. I was not blessed with a traveler’s constitution, so from headaches to stomachaches, it happens much more frequently to me than Justin!
And last, just for fun:
- We have been together for 6+ years, 1 year of which was long distance. One of our next great adventures is getting married!
- Justin was born in Las Vegas.
- Joanna never grew out of her horse-crazy youth. In fact, her B.S. is in Equine Business.
- Our “family” consists of one dog, one cat, two parakeets, and one horse (see bullet point above).
- We both think it would be awesome to be astronauts.